Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chapter 5

Heart Attack

2.20.2005
9:30 pm

The words hurt as they came out of my mouth. It was the first time to tell someone about it. It wasn't the first time they had raped me. They touched me, all over my body. They hurt my body, so much that I couldn't have children in the future, or so that is what the doctors thought.

~

Kris was slammed with the words. They hit like a rhinoceros charging after someone on their territory. She had the same story, Kris' uncle had raped her but she had never told and had forgotten about it. The brain is a powerful anesthesia, it blocks out what it can't process, and hinders memories that are to painful for us to work through. Tears fell down her blushed checks, she was burning up from the memories processing through her mind. Every time she had stayed with her uncle or that he had came over, he had abused her body in some sexual way.

Ace looked at Kris with a strange look. He couldn't image why she was crying so profusely, the scene taking place was emotional enough to produce a few tears from a bystander but only the victim should be crying as much as his Wife was. He quickly drew her close to his warm body to comfort her. She had to let it all out.

"He raped me."

Was that my wife's voice?

"My uncle raped me as a child till becoming an adult when I could tell him if he did it again he wouldn't be able to reproduce anymore. Of course that didn't stop him from trying at night or even during the day, he had become a sex addict. When he couldn't get any from me, because I began to sleep with a knife under my pillow, he raped the girl next door from where he lived, in front of her mother holding a gun to her head. The husband came home and tackled my uncle, the guy was wounded in the shoulder but his wife had escaped to the neighbor's house to call the police. The police barracks was located about two blocks away; it didn't take them long to get there and surround the place. My uncle was dead in about forty-five minute, they shot him about ten times, he just wouldn't stop coming towards them. Finally a shot to the head finished him off. I asked my parents if we were going to his funeral, I was the person that had cried the most. No one else shed a tear. I couldn't image how his soul must have been saddened at how people acted that attended his funeral."

Kris had to recollect her thoughts.

"The coffin was even defamed, spray painted with the words sicko on the sides by teenagers that had broken into the funeral home and thought it would be a good joke. But as much as my aunt was mad at him she was more angry at the teens who had played the stupid joke, not that the situation wasn't bad enough on her."

Kris stopped for a moment, the memories were becoming too painful and the temperature she had reached wasn't helping her concentrate.

"She committed suicide two weeks later. She left a note telling us that she couldn't take it anymore, couldn't take the pranks that the teens were playing on her. I don't blame her I couldn't imagine some of the stuff they did, I think I would have killed myself too if someone kept reminding me that your husband had committed a heinous crime. We are only human and can only take so much. I cut myself to relieve the pain, it was the only pain that I could control. The truth was I was trying to kill the memories and myself, not control my pain. My mother found me one night in the bath tub, both wrists slit, well really one and a half; I had fainted before I got to finish the other. They said it was a miracle that I had lived, and the scars were nearly impossible to see after about two years. Though, I did spend the whole three years after the incident in a state hospital for the mental people. I did at least have a female therapist that I told my whole story to as long as she didn't tell anyone, well she didn't tell anyone. So I just went on with my life and eventually forgot about it till this girl brought up her story with the chef and the gardener. I can't image having two grown men using your body as they pleased."

Ace now understood why his wife was crying so much.

"I know I can't either, we will talk about you later tonight. For now, we have to get the girl some help. Who knows they could do it again tonight?"

"Come on you two, let's go wake up Mrs. King. I think it's time for her to know what's going on here."

~

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.

Mrs. King finally replied to the knocking after she awoke from her sleeping, "What is it honey?"

Eliana though it was one of her precious gems.

"Eliana, this is Ace. We have something here that you might want to be privy of."

She rose up out of bed, clothed herself in more acceptable clothing, and walked to her office. She opened the door of the office to a scene that swept her soul off it's feet. She join in on the weeping fest. Her heart was moved as the people before her began to tell her the story of the defaming of her child's body.

She was on the phone with nine-one-one demanding them to send the police immediately to the addresses that she rendered to the dispatcher. Eliana quoted the orphanage's address from memory, and the chef's and the gardener's location for the little note cards, which she kept on file for all the past employees.

The police arrived at the orphanage within fifteen to twenty minutes, the police also arrested the two rapists, by the time the others arrived at the orphanage.

The ambulance also arrived soon after the police. The dispatch said that they had ordered a female medical examiner to be pick up from the hospital to make sure the orphan wasn't simply trying to get out of the orphanage for the night.

Dr. Lione, Mrs. King, and Kristen entered the room they had designated "examination room". No one was to enter the room except the doctor and the witnesses. The entered the room the little girl sat on the table wrapped in a blanket, just in case someone had accidentally came in. The door was looked behind the three.

"Please, stand up and remove the robe please," the doctor told her softly, her instruments were already thrown out of the bag.

The room was dark, the windows were covered so no one could see in. The child didn't need a peeping tom, she already had enough distress to last a life time.

"This is a special light. It will allow me to use my super power to catch the bad guys. It is going to produce a very low glowing blue light. If at anytime you feel uncomfortable please tell me I don't want to cause you anymore hurt."

Lione turned on the light. The image that filled the Three's sight was atrocious. The doctor hadn't seen anything like it ever in her career of examining young girl's for rape. The young girl had a blue glow from her stomach down to her knees on the front. The back was glowing from the buttocks clear up to the middle of her back. This was too much, she quickly did the torn membrane exam. Both entries were torn tremendously. These perverts were ruthless.

The examiner ran from the room and quickly called the proper personnel. She was running from the inevitable darkness was descending on her consciousness.

"Through those," she cursed, as would anyone that was as furious as she was, "in jail where they belong."

The girl would never have kids, was the last thought before her mind turned to darkness.

~

Eliana was slammed against the wall when the examiner gave them her report. Mrs. Kind noticed it was difficult to move. She couldn't take the news of her little baby. She also notice a shart pain in her left arm, but it was quickly gone.

"Eliana, you don't look so good! Do you need some water or to take a step outside for some fresh air?"

Just before she finished her sentence, Eliana grab at her chest, her muscles started to restrict. Mrs. King dropped to the floor.

"Help. We need the EMTs in her, Eliana has fallen and I'm not getting a very strong pulse."

A few minutes later, the EMTs rushed through the door quickly assessed Mrs. King and lifted her on the stretcher before Kris could get out a question. As they left, the questions escaped through her mouth.

"How is she? Is she going to make it? Could you just tell me? Please? I need to know, is she going to be alright?"

They continued to ignore her battery of question and swiftly got her out of the building to the ambulance.

No comments: